My Hero Academia Season 5 Episode 16: What to Expect?

Based on a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Kouhei Horikoshi, ‘My Hero Academia’ or ‘Boku no Hero Academia’ is a superhero action anime. The story is set in a world where 80% of the population has superpowers or Quirks. The protagonist, Izuku Midoroya, is part of the other 20%. He is forced to endure relentless bullying because of this but still manages to hold on to his ideals and dreams. His life changes after meeting All Might, the greatest hero on Earth, who recognizes the qualities of heroism within Izuku and chooses the boy as his successor.

In episode 15, Hawks reports to the lieutenants of the Liberation Army and learns that a devastating incident is set to occur 4 months later. Meanwhile, after deciphering Hawk’s message, Endeavor takes over Midoriya, Bakugou, and Shouto’s training. The young students quickly discover how vastly different work is going to be from school. If you are wondering what is in store for you in the next episode, we got you covered.

My Hero Academia Season 5 Episode 16 Release Date

‘My Hero Academia’ season 5 episode 16, titled ‘Long Time No See, Selkie,’ is set to release on July 17, 2021, on ytv and NTV. Studio Bones produced the series, with Kenji Nagasaki and Masahiro Mukai serving as directors and Yousuke Kuroda as the primary writer. Hitomi Odashima and Yoshihiko Umakoshi designed the characters, while Yuki Hayashi composed the music. In the first 13 episodes, the opening theme is “No. 1,” performed by DISH, and the ending theme is “Ashiato,” sung by the peggies. From episode 14 onwards, the opening theme is “Merry-Go-Round” by MAN WITH A MISSION, and the ending theme is “Uso ja Nai” by Soushi Sakiyama. On May 8, 2021, Adult Swim started broadcasting season 5 on its Toonami block.

Where to Watch My Hero Academia Season 5 Online?

Subscribed viewers can watch ‘My Hero Academia’ season 5 episodes on Funimation with Japanese audio and English subtitles on the same day as they air in Japan. Also, on Funimation, the Portuguese and Spanish subtitled versions are available. On April 10, 2021, Funimation started streaming the dubbed versions of the episodes. In the US, the season is available on Hulu.

The episodes of season 5 can be watched on Crunchyroll and VRV as well. Scandinavian viewers can watch season 5 with Japanese audio and English subtitles on Wakanim. Viewers in Australia and New Zealand can do the same on AnimeLab. Furthermore, season 5 episodes are streaming in various South and Southeast Asian regions on Viu, Bilibili, WeTV, iflix, and several other Medialink affiliates. Season 5 is also available on Netflix in certain Asian countries, including Japan and India.

My Hero Academia Season 5 Episode 16 Spoilers

Episode 16 will be an anime original episode and depict Ochako, Nejire, and Asui doing their internships at the Ryuuko Tatsuma’s Agency. All 3 of them did their last internships with Ryuuko’s agency, so there will likely be much familiarity as they go back there. They might receive a call for assistance from Selkie, with whose agency Asui interned before she did her hero studies with Ryuuko’s agency.

This might lead to a reunion between Asui and the crew of the Oki Mariner ship. Last time, she really bonded with them and helped them take out Innsmouth and his gang of stowaways. This time, Asui, Ochako, and Nejire will probably join the Oki Mariner crew in search of a smuggling ship.

Read More: Anime Like My Hero Academia