How much is Tom Watson worth? $ 25 Million
How did Tom Watson earn his money and wealth?
Thomas Sturges Watson was born on September 4, 1949, in Kansas City, Missouri, USA. His father Ray introduced him to golf from an early age and he started playing at the Kansas City Country Club and his coach was Stan Thirsk.He won four Missouri State Amateur championships, 1967, 1968, 1970, and 1971. He continued his further studies and got a degree in psychology from Stanford University in 1971. He measures 5 feet 9 inches in height and weighs 175 lb that is 79kg. He now lives in Stilwell with his wife Hilary Watson and two children, and three stepchildren.
In the 1970s and 1980s he has been one of the best players in the whole world, he won eight major championships and headed the PGA Tour money list five times. According to the McCormack’s World Golf Rankings, he was number one player from 1978 until 1982 and in the following two years he was ranked second. His career includes eight major championships include five Open Championships, two Masters Titles, and one U.S. Open title.
He is a member of American Society of Golf Course Architects and also owns the design company Tom Watson Design Company in Kansas which has designed golf courses such as; Ballybunion Golf Club – County Kerry, Ireland, National Golf Club of Kansas City, Parkville, Missouri, Phoenix Resort, Miyazaki, Japan, The Manor Golf & Country Club, Milton, Georgia and many others.
In 1999, “Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews” in Scotland honored him with membership. In the same year, he also joined the Champions Tour.He was named as the “PGA Player of the Year” six times in the years 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982 and 1984. He won the “Vardon Trophy” for lowest scoring from 1977 to 1979 consecutive three years. He was also drafted into the theme “World Golf Hall of Fame” in 1988 and also in “Stanford Athletic Hall of Fame”. He won 1992 GCSAA Old Tom Morris Award.
In 2000, he was ranked, “The 10th greatest golfer of all time” by Golf Digest magazine. He also is the oldest player to hold the lead after 54 holes at a major championship and also to complete a round (2009 Open Championship at Turnberry, Scotland). He was granted a lifetime membership to the European Tour.
Which are the honors and awards received by Tom Watson?
- Inducted into Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame (2001)
- Won Senior PGA Championship (2001)
- Named honorary member of the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews (1999)
- Inducted into World Hall of Fame (1998)
- Leading PGA Tour money winner (1984)
- British Open champion (1983)
- U.S. Open and British Open champion (1982)
- Masters champion (1981)
- U.S. Open and British Open champion (1981-1982)
- British Open champion (1980)
- Leading PGA Tour money winner four straight years (1977-80)
- Won Vardon Trophy for lowest stroke average on PGA Tour for three straight years (1977-79)
- Masters and British Open champion (1977)
- British Open champion (1975)
- Wins Western Open for first pro championship(1974)
Read More: Best Eddie Redmayne Movies